The Best Recipe for Pizza Rolls
Pizza rolls are a classic comfort food. They’re tasty, easy to make, and always a hit with kids and adults alike. This recipe for pizza rolls is simple and straightforward, and yields delicious results every time. So next time you’re in the mood for some pizza rolls, give this recipe a try!
Pizza RollsCourse: Appetizers, Snacks
2 tubes of refrigerated pizza dough
Marinara or pizza sauce
1 cup sliced pepperoni
1/2 cup parmasan cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425℉ (218℃). Line a baking tray with parchment paper, lightly grease and set aside.
- Lightly flour a large surface and roll out the pizza dough into a rectangle.
- Sprinkle garlic salt and Italian seasoning onto the dough.
- Add a thin layer of marinara or pizza sauce, followed by the mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and the sliced pepperoni. Spreading it within ½ inch of the edges of the crust.
- Starting with the end closest to you, roll the dough up tight, finishing the roll with the seam side down. Make sure to pinch the seal so they don't fall apart.
- Slice up the roll into 1-inch pieces and place onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Brush melted butter over the rolls and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Sprinkle with extra parmesan if desired and serve.
- Try not to overload the pizza dough with the fillings as this can make it hard to roll up.
Can you freeze pizza rolls?
Yes! They are perfect for freezing. Put them on a tray after baking and allow to freeze until completely solid before transferring them into a freezer bag. They will last a maximum of four months if stored correctly.
How long do pizza rolls last in the fridge?
If the pizza rolls have been stored at a temperature below 40℉, they are safe to eat 4-5 days later.
How do you reheat pizza rolls?
To reheat your frozen pizza rolls, remove the plastic and wrap them in foil. Place them in a moderate oven for about 30 minutes or until heated through. If they have been stored in the fridge, you can heat them up with a microwave and paper towel, or you can use an air fryer to add some crisp.
Can they be eaten cold?
Pizza rolls can be eaten cold or warm depending on your preference, there is no right answer.
Can you air fry pizza rolls?
Yes, you can cook your pizza rolls in an air fryer istead of an oven if you prefer. Make sure your air fryer has been pre heated, then place the pizza scroll slices on a small sheet of parchment paper to stop cheese sticking to the basket. Air fry the rolls at 360℉ for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
What are pizza rolls good dipped in?
Dipping pizza rolls in marinara or chicken wings sauce is one of the best ways to enjoy your favorite comfort food! You can also dip them using other sauces like ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing – whatever you prefer.