Quick and Easy White Sauce Pizza Recipe
If you’re looking for a change from your usual red sauce pizza, then this white sauce pizza recipe is the perfect thing to try. It’s simple to make and has a delicious flavor that everyone will love. So why not give it a go tonight? You might be surprised at how much you enjoy it!
White Pizza SauceCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
1 1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
pinch of salt and pepper
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat, then add in the flour and whisk. Don't brown.
- Add in the milk slowly while whisking and stir until the mixture is thick, smooth and bubbly.
- Add the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the parmesan cheese and mix until melted.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Spread over your pizza bases and add your desired toppings.
Is white pizza sauce the same as Alfredo?
White sauce, also known as béchamel, is a smooth and creamy sauce made from milk and flour. It is often used as a base for other sauces, such as cheese sauce or white gravy. Alfredo sauce is an Italian pasta sauce made from cream, butter, and Parmesan cheese. It is typically richer and thicker than white sauce. While white sauce can be served on its own or used as a base for other sauces, Alfredo sauce is typically only served with pasta. As a result, it is often considered to be a more indulgent dish.
What is white pizza called?
If you’re a fan of white pizza, you might be surprised to learn that it’s called ‘Pizza Bianca’ or Pizza Bianco’ in Italian. Bianca or Bianco means white, so this type of pizza is simply named for its white sauce. The sauce is usually made with milk, fells like it’s a bit lighter than a traditional red tomato sauce.
What toppings are good on a white pizza?
A white pizza is a type of pizza that omits the traditional red tomato sauce. Instead, it is topped with a white sauce, which can be made from a variety of ingredients, such as ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, and cream. White pizzas can also be topped with a variety of meats, vegetables, and cheeses. Some popular toppings include chicken, bacon, mushroom, spinach, garlic, rosemary, basil, sun-dried tomatoes and potato.
Are white pizzas healthier than regular pizzas?
The ingredients commonly used for white pizza are typically fattier and provide more calories than the red style. This isn’t necessarily unhealthy in every case; however, it is certainly not the ideal option if you are looking to lose weight.
White Pizza Recipes To Try
White pizza is a delicious alternative to traditional red sauce pizzas. If you’re looking for some white sauce pizza recipes to try, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve gathered some of the best recipes for you to check out.
- Gluten Free Spinach Artichoke Pizza – https://parade.com/1209499/kelli-acciardo/gluten-free-spinach-artichoke-pizza/
- Shrimp Scampi Pizza – https://cookingwithcurls.com/2015/02/09/shrimp-scampi-pizza/
- Classic White Pizza – https://www.tablefortwoblog.com/white-pizza/
- Homemade Buffalo Chicken Pizza – https://dontwastethecrumbs.com/buffalo-chicken-pizza/
- Burrata Pistachio White Pizza – https://thealmondeater.com/burrata-pistachio-white-pizza/
- BBQ Chicken – https://www.iheartnaptime.net/easy-bbq-chicken-pizza-recipe/
- Roasted Garlic Spinach White Pizza – https://www.eatgood4life.com/roasted-garlic-spinach-white-pizza/
- Chicken and Fresh Herbs – https://tarasmulticulturaltable.com/white-pizza-with-chicken-and-fresh-herbs/
- Arugula Prosciutto – https://www.lifeasastrawberry.com/arugula-prosciutto-pizza/